City Of Surrey Covid-19 Update

What the City is Doing

In response to the ongoing and evolving Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation, the City’s Emergency Operations Centre is in constant dialogue with public health authorities, including Fraser Health and the BC Centre for Disease Control. See the 10 Point Action Plan.

The City has criteria in place to assess and manage facility or park closures as needed.

What Surrey Flag Football is Doing

With the ever changing landscape of today’s world and what is socially acceptable, we are doing everything we can to navigate through this with a positive mindset and are hopeful we will be able to return to the sport we love, this year. We have been in contact with The City Of Surrey throughout this pandemic and are continuing to receive local updates.

Currently, we have three fields booked at Newton Athletic Park for the weekend of July 18-19, 2020. If restrictions are lifted by a specific date, we will move forward with a summer tournament and registration will be announced as soon as possible. If restrictions are not lifted we are already planning for the start of our fall 2020 season.

The potential start dates for fall 2020 men’s & coed will be August 29th and 30th. No games will be played on long weekends and the season will wrap up November 14th & 15th. If there are any cancellations due to weather or COVID-19, the season may be extended to finish November 21st & 22nd or 28th & 29th.

Moving Forward

We hope that all of you are staying safe and healthy. We miss you all very much and miss our weekends at the field. There will be inevitable changes to how we operate our game days and events. What does that mean or look like? At this point, we don’t fully know but, we do ask that when we do return to our regular scheduled programing, that you please be patient with us as we begin to understand how this is going to work long term.

We can’t wait to see you all again soon.

~ Admin